THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, January 11, 2015

A Blade of Summer Grass {Book Review}

A Blade of Summer Grass by Deanna Raybourn


**spoiler alerts and for adults** 

The first few chapters of this book I really wanted to smack the main character. She struck me as a stuck up, thought she deserved everything, floozy!!!! She would do something that made me think she was going to be nice, and then bam, she would say something crappy again! For some reason she was all for agreeing that other women getting smacked around by their husbands were ok, or rather that she could see why some of them were done that why and even stated she would do that to them to. That really bothered me. Same of her statements about how you should let men "think they are treating you" during sex bothered me as well. 
I know this might have been all to prove what kind of person the character was and what they wanted her to become I just was not thrilled about it.
 

I will say that she did grow on me and by the end of the book I think that her thoughts about a lot of things had changed and she may have not felt the same as the things she said in the beginning. I Did really enjoy the old world of Africa that was set up and laid out for us in the book and brought before us. The Author did an amazing job of portraying how things were in that era and in that corner of the world at the time, based on all that we know. I felt like I was actually there from her world building and description. I will say that I loved her side characters more than her main couple. I wish there had been more areas with a few of them but maybe there will be more in other books

0 comments: